My second time here, received a good price on whitening so I did the Zoom and trays. Brilliant results, very impressed. Now for the tray to keep it topped up. Thanks Anima!
Mr Vishal M
White Fillings also referred to as ‘Composite filling’ or ‘Invisible filling’ or ‘dental filling’ are one of the most common dental procedures used to treat cavities, chips or cracks in teeth. At NW1 Dental Care we offer white fillings to restore your teeth and preserve your beautiful white smile.
Most people would have some sort of filling in their mouths. However, a lot of people don’t prefer the traditional silver filling as it shows off when you smile or laugh, making them conscious about the way they look. We recommend white fillings as a good solution that is both aesthetic and functional.
White or tooth coloured fillings are made from dental composite combined with resins. As the composite is white in colour they are called white fillings. However, the composite is available in different shades and the dentist will match it to the colour of your natural teeth for the best aesthetics. Compared to the traditional silver amalgam fillings these provide a natural, healthier and safer option to repair damage and improve cosmetic appearance. They can also be successfully used on both the front and back teeth. Your dentist may use a white filling to :
Dentists and individuals often choose White fillings for a variety of reasons :
1. Tooth preparation – Fillings can be placed in one visit to the dentist. If the size of the cavity is big then the dentist may numb the tooth using local anesthetic.
2. Removing Decayed Tissue – The Dentist will carefully remove the decay and preserve as much of the natural tooth as possible. Note old metallic or silver filling can also be replaced here.
3. Cleaning the Cavity – After the damaged part is removed the resulting cavity is cleaned and disinfected
4. Apply Bonding agent – We will apply an adhesive bonding agent to the cavity that will hold the composite filling in place and this is hardened using a blue light
5. Place the filling material – Dental composite filling used to repair the tooth is a blended shade of composite resin that matches the colour of your natural tooth making it functional and aesthetically appealing.
6. Proper restoration – if you have any gaps between teeth then dentist will apply fillings or if he finds any decay near the tooth nerve then you will be provided with proper medication for protection.
7. Shaping the filling – Once the cavity is filled, the dentist will sculpt and polish the surface, so it looks and feels like a natural tooth and restores your normal bite. A bite test using carbon paper is conducted to ensure your teeth fit together comfortably.
Once the filling procedure is complete, you will be able to use the tooth like any other tooth. You can eat and drink normally and you shouldn’t feel any discomfort. The time taken for the procedure varies for each person but usually within one hour. It is a quick and inexpensive alternative to other smile makeover options like porcelain veneers.
At NW1 Dental Care the price of white filling is very reasonable and competitively priced compared to other clinics in Camden and London. The price of white fillings depends on the size of fillings, how many fillings you need, the position of filling in your mouth, and other factors. The exact cost of treatment will be determined at the clinic but below is the rough guide :
The cost of white fillings is more than amalgam fillings but the benefits outweigh the costs. This is especially more important if the filling required is applied in a place that would make it easily visible while smiling or talking.
White fillings should normally last for 3-10 years. Depending on how you take care of your teeth or how large is your cavity you might require another visit for fillings to be replaced.
Your composite filling doesn’t require any special care. Just continue to regularly brush and floss to prevent any further tooth decay.
Good oral hygiene and regular visits to your dentist for check-ups help curb cavities. In addition, using fluoride-rich toothpaste, eating high sugar food in moderation, avoid sugary drinks, and refraining from eating/snacking after brushing at night are some other things that help in preventing cavities.
You may have a cavity if you experience pain or sensitivity in your teeth while consuming cold, hot, sugary, or acidic food and beverages. If the cavity is severe then cool air can also cause irritation.
If you suffer from having cavities in your tooth then you need fillings to protect the tooth from further tooth decay, injury, or spread of infection and keep your tooth healthy. People prefer white filing as they are both functionally and aesthetically pleasing.
White fillings are also in high demand from people who wish to replace their metal filling with invisible fillings so that filling blends with the natural tooth colour and isn’t visible when they laugh or talk.
It will depend on your plan whether the insurance provider will cover part or the full cost of white filling. Most insurance plans cover only the cost of basic fillings. Our Dental team at NW1 Dental Care should be able to help and advise you on this matter.
Get fillings is normally a painless procedure and you may be given a local anaesthetic before the procedure begins. In case you feel any pain after the treatment it can easily be managed by mild pain killers or even home remedies.
If there is too much damage to the teeth then the dentist may recommend other options like dental crown or inlays/onlays
If the tooth decay has reached centre of the tooth, then the dentist might advise on root canal therapy to save the tooth. Post root canal treatment, the dentist will restore your tooth shape and strength by fillings or crown
Mr Vishal M
Ms Anne-Marie H
Mr Mohammed I
Mr M T