Probably the best teeth whitening product in market. This is excellent! I tried so many teeth whitening systems including Zoom, Boutique etc, nothing worked for me, but this one is a miracle! Clinic has very good price for enlighten compared to other clinics in London. Service was amazing and results are absolutely fab !!! I finished the treatment almost 2 years ago, with the simple top up regime I keep my teeth pearl white. Love it and recommended to friends and family!
White Fillings in London
White Fillings also referred to as ‘Composite filling’ or ‘Invisible filling’ or ‘dental filling’ are one of the most common dental procedures used to treat cavities, chips or cracks in teeth. At NW1 Dental Care we offer white fillings to restore your teeth and preserve your beautiful white smile.
Most people would have some sort of filling in their mouths. However, a lot of people don’t prefer the traditional silver filling as it shows off when you smile or laugh, making them conscious about the way they look. We recommend white fillings as a good solution that is both aesthetic and functional.
What are White Fillings?
White or tooth coloured fillings are made from dental composite combined with resins. As the composite is white in colour they are called white fillings. However, the composite is available in different shades and the dentist will match it to the colour of your natural teeth for the best aesthetics. Compared to the traditional silver amalgam fillings these provide a natural, healthier and safer option to repair damage and improve cosmetic appearance. They can also be successfully used on both the front and back teeth.
Reasons For Needing a Tooth Filling
People of all ages may require a tooth filling to restore their tooth back. You should visit a dentist if you have a nagging toothache, sudden pain when you bite, sensitivity to hot and cold, or when you have a damaged tooth or cavity. Your dentist may use a white filling to :
- fill a cavity or repair tooth decay
- fix chips or broken tooth
- to reshape an uneven tooth
- to replace a metal amalgam (silver) filling
- to close small gaps between teeth
Advantages of White Fillings
Dentists and individuals often choose White fillings for a variety of reasons :
- White fillings require less drilling, so not much of your natural healthy tooth structure needs to be removed compared to other types of metallic or amalgam fillings
- White fillings look more aesthetically pleasing as they match your natural tooth coloured and blend for a seamless finish
- These fillings harden within a few seconds instead of days like other materials
- These fillings bond with the actual tooth, making the decayed tooth stronger and preventing breaks
- White fillings do not contain any metal. Some studies have suggested that mercury contained in amalgam filling can be a risk to health
- These can be used to replace your old amalgam filling or can easily be repaired if they start to degrade
- White fillings do not contract or expand due to any change in temperature and help protect the tooth from fracture and sensitivity
- These are very versatile and can be used to fix chips, cracks, and or badly worn teeth
White Composite Fillings Procedure
1. Tooth preparation – Fillings can be placed in one visit to the dentist. If the size of the cavity is big then the dentist may numb the tooth using local anesthetic.
2. Removing Decayed Tissue – The Dentist will carefully remove the decay and preserve as much of the natural tooth as possible. Note old metallic or silver filling can also be replaced here.
3. Cleaning the Cavity – After the damaged part is removed the resulting cavity is cleaned and disinfected
4. Apply Bonding agent – We will apply an adhesive bonding agent to the cavity that will hold the composite filling in place and this is hardened using a blue light
5. Place the filling material – Dental composite filling used to repair the tooth is a blended shade of composite resin that matches the colour of your natural tooth making it functional and aesthetically appealing.
6. Proper restoration – if you have any gaps between teeth then dentist will apply fillings or if he finds any decay near the tooth nerve then you will be provided with proper medication for protection.
7. Shaping the filling – Once the cavity is filled, the dentist will sculpt and polish the surface, so it looks and feels like a natural tooth and restores your normal bite. A bite test using carbon paper is conducted to ensure your teeth fit together comfortably.
Once the filling procedure is complete, you will be able to use the tooth like any other tooth. You can eat and drink normally and you shouldn’t feel any discomfort. The time taken for the procedure varies for each person but usually within one hour. It is a quick and inexpensive alternative to other smile makeover options like porcelain veneers.
White Fillings Cost in Camden and London
At NW1 Dental Care, the price of white filling is very reasonable and competitively priced compared to other clinics in Camden and London. The price of white fillings depends on the size of fillings, how many fillings you need, the position of filling in your mouth, and other factors. The fillings currently cost between £120-£300 and the exact cost of treatment will be determined at the clinic but below is the rough guide :
- Small Composite Fillings from £120
- Medium Composite Fillings from £150
- Large Composite Fillings from £180
The cost of white fillings is more than amalgam fillings but the benefits outweigh the costs. This is especially more important if the filling required is applied in a place that would make it easily visible while smiling or talking.
It may be advisable to check your current dental insurance policy for details on your individual coverage terms for part or all of the cost involved for tooth fillings.
Why choose NW1 Dental Care for your fillings in London ?
At NW1 Dental Care, we have helped hundreds of our patients to restore their smiles.
- We offer competitive pricing to ensure you get the best value for your investment
- We have experienced dentists so you can feel confident that you’re in safe hands
- Our dentists can make you feel confident with tooth coloured natural-looking dental fillings
- Our dentists can replace your old silver fillings with tooth coloured composite fillings
- We can repair teeth with chips, cracks, or that are damaged
- We can provide temporary fillings in case of emergencies & replace them with permanent ones
If you are searching for an expert white fillings dentist in the City of London (Camden) who offers fantastic bespoke composite bonded fillings at affordable prices then we can help. Get in touch to book your appointment.
FAQs on white fillings
It will depend on your plan whether the insurance provider will cover part or the full cost of white filling. Most insurance plans cover only the cost of basic fillings. Our friendly team at NW1 Dental Care should be able to help and advise you on this matter.
If you suffer from having cavities in your tooth then you need fillings to protect the tooth from further tooth decay, injury, or spread of infection and keep your tooth healthy. People prefer white filing as they are both functionally and aesthetically pleasing.
White fillings are also in high demand from people who wish to replace their metal filling with invisible fillings so that filling blends with the natural tooth colour and isn’t visible when they laugh or talk.
Good oral hygiene and regular visits to your dentist for check-ups help curb cavities. In addition, using fluoride-rich toothpaste, eating high sugar food in moderation, avoid sugary drinks, and refraining from eating/snacking after brushing at night are some other things that help in preventing cavities.
You may have a cavity if you experience pain or sensitivity in your teeth while consuming cold, hot, sugary, or acidic food and beverages. If the cavity is severe then cool air can also cause irritation.
Getting fillings is normally a painless procedure and you may be given a local anesthetic before the procedure begins. In case you feel any pain after the treatment (which is largely uncommon) it can easily be managed by mild pain killers or even home remedies.
Your composite filling doesn’t require any special care. Just continue to regularly brush and floss to prevent any further tooth decay.
White fillings should normally last for 7-10 years. Depending on how you take care of your teeth or how large is your cavity you might require another visit for fillings to be replaced.
If there is too much damage to the teeth then the dentist may recommend other options like dental crown or inlays/onlays
If the tooth decay has reached centre of the tooth, then the dentist might advise on root canal therapy to save the tooth. Post root canal treatment, the dentist will restore your tooth shape and strength by fillings or crown
Contact our clinic to make a prompt appointment so that the dentist can examine the nature of the loose or missing tooth filling issue you are experiencing. After the dental check-up, the dentist would be in the best position to advise on the necessary treatment required for your case.