Six Month Smiles in Camden, North London
NW1 Dental Care are pleased to offer our patients 6 Month Smiles in Camden, North London.
Build Your Confidence. Have Straight Teeth in 6 Months
NW1 Dental Care is proud to introduce six month smiles to Camden – a discrete new braces system which provides incredible results fast. Drs Anima Bodane and Assil Shukri are certified six month smile dentists who are happy to discuss your treatment needs with a free cosmetic consultation.
How does it work?
The traditional braces straightens your teeth by applying brackets onto the surface of your teeth. Flexible wires are then placed through these brackets. Light forces are put on the wires and this is what helps your teeth to straighten.
Six Month Smiles uses clear brackets and tooth coloured wires. This is what provides the almost invisible appearance of your orthodontic system.
Monthly appointments are required for your dentist to adjust these light forces, which ensure your teeth continue to straighten over your treatment period.
Six month smile braces can take between 4-9 months, but on average are completed within six months.
Whats involved in the treatment?
Certified dentist will determine if the Six Month Smile treatment is suitable for you.
- Impressions are taken and sent to the lab to make your custom brackets for your teeth.
- The 6 months smile brackets are then fitted to your teeth and an archwire is placed.
- We recommend gold hygiene cleaning to ensure gums and teeth are in excellent condition prior to fit.
- You may experience sore teeth and lips for about 1-2 weeks. This is perfectly normal and we recommend taking Ibuprofen( or other pain medicines).
- Regular 4 weeks visits are required to tighten the wire, review your progress and discuss any concerns you may have (Included in price).
- As with other orthodontic treatments, after treatment is completed with Six Months Smile, a retainer is recommended for life to prevent relapse. A removable retainer or a fixed wire retainer placed behind the teeth. This is very important to wear your retainer to keep that dazzling smile after treatment.
Taking care during treatment?
- All orthodontic work results in increased plaque accumulation and so immaculate oral hygiene must be maintained throughout treatment.
- Brush your teeth twice a day and floss daily to prevent plaque and tartar build up.
- Avoid any foods which are harder than popcorn. Foods such as seeds, raw vegetables, hard fruit etc. This is to prevent the braces from dislodging or breaking the wire.
- Cut down on tea, coffee, red wine and foods which can stain your braces.