Causes of Root Canal Infection:
The main reason for root canal infection is due to the penetration of bacteria into the tooth pulp which is the innermost part of the tooth containing blood vessels, nerves, and connective tissue. The bacteria could enter the dental pulp and spread all the way down to the root. Some of the ways the bacteria can invade the pulp and infect it are
- Dental decay or deep cavity
- Damaged or cracked tooth
- Tooth displacement or dental avulsion
- Multiple dental treatments on the same tooth
- Abnormal tooth anatomy of the patient
- Gum disease
- Trauma or extreme wear
Benefits of having Root Canal Treatment :
- Relief from pain
- Prevent the spread of infection
- Saves the infected tooth and protects surrounding teeth too void you feeling self-conscious about missing teeth
- Restore the natural chewing and biting
- Avoid the need for any other costly dental treatment like dental implants to restore the missing tooth
- Treatment will help to prevent the formation of a dental abscess around the tip of a problematic tooth
Root Canal Procedure :
Root canal treatment is one of the most dreaded treatments at the dentist. The rumours and stories about them being extremely painful are by and large exaggerated and most are in fact untrue. At NW1 Dental Care, our team aims to disprove such stories. Root canal treatment is much more like a longer appointment same as a routine filling.
First, an x-ray is taken to assess the tooth and the extent of the infection. Local anaesthetic is then placed to fully numb the area of the mouth being treated and a ‘rubber dam’ which is a protective sheet is placed around the tooth to isolate the infected tooth. All the infected, broken down parts of the tooth are then removed and special precise files are used to clean out the canals. Once the tooth is infection-free and dry, rubber material called gutta-percha is used to fill the tooth root canals to prevent any further infection from occurring. A temporary filling is placed and a few weeks later the final restoration which is usually a crown can be prepared and fitted.
Get Root Canal Treatment from NW1 Dental Care
At NW1 Dental Care, London we understand the importance of immediate pain relief from an infected tooth and so provide you with effective root canal treatment at our private dental clinic on an emergency basis.
So if you experiencing symptoms of an infected root canal and need treatment to get relief from your pain, then please contact us on 0207 485 4626 or contact us online to be seen with our specialist.