Invisalign Clear Aligners Wear and Care Guidance
Congratulation, you have started your Invisalign treatment. Below is some advice to help you with your Invisalign journey.
Day to day Life with Invisalign clear aligners :
- For best results wear your aligners for 20-22 hours a day
- Enjoy your favourite foods and just take off your aligners only when you want to eat, drink and brush your teeth – without any brackets getting in the way
- Your doctor will advise to wear each set of aligners for 1-2 weeks
- Your doctor will schedule your review appointments every 4-8 weeks to check the progress of your treatment
- Its quite normal if you experience a bit of discomfort or extra pressure when you start wearing a new set of aligners
- Always store your last set of aligners as if anything happens to the current set you will need to switch back to them
- If you lose or damage your aligners, then get in touch with our dental team
How to wear your Invisalign aligners
- To put the aligners gently push them to insert them over your teeth and then pressing the back ends of aligners to snap over molars and then gently fitting into place
- To remove your aligners simply hook your fingers over the edge of aligners in the back of the molar on both sides to pull it from your teeth and take it off from your mouth
How to care for your Invisalign aligners
- Ensure to keep the aligners in their case when they are not in your mouth to avoid any damage or loss of aligners
- Remember to remove your Invisalign aligner before every meal and drink anything other than cold water as it might damage or stain them
- Keep your aligners clean by rinsing them every night and gently brushing them with toothbrush
- Keep your aligners clean by gently brushing them with toothbrush and rinsing them in cold water.
- Avoid using any toothpaste as it might cause scratches or damage the plastic and make the aligner cloudy
- Avoid using hot water to clean the aligners as it could distort the shape of your aligners and then they wont fit properly to your teeth
- You can use Retainer Brite or Invisalign cleaning crystals to keep your aligners extra fresh
These tips will help you keep your Invisalign treatment journey on track, progressing smoothly towards results that will keep you smiling!
For more aligner advice, you can always check with the dentist during your regular Invisalign review visits or contact our clinic for any questions during your Invisalign treatment in London.