Cosmetic Bonding in Camden, North London
NW1 Dental Care are pleased to offer our patients Cosmetic Bonding in Camden, North London.
What is Cosmetic Bonding?
Composite bonding is a dental technique that can transform damaged, chipped, broken, stained or teeth with unsightly gaps into beautiful pearly whites that dazzle, oftentimes in a single visit to your cosmetic dentist.
Several steps are involved in the composite bonding process:
- Extensive cleaning of the tooth surface to remove any debris or tartar accumulation.
- Preparation of colour-matched composite material
- Protecting the tooth and keeping it dry with cotton rolls or a rubber dam
- Shaping and gently roughing the surface with a special tool
- Etching the tooth surface with a phosphoric-acid-based gel, to create the optimum composite bonding texture
- Application of the bonding agent and curing by exposing it to a special light to activate and harden the material
- Polishing and buffing of the new composite surface for a smooth, natural feel
Due to the aesthetic nature of composite bonding, it is best to utilise a dentist who a keen eye and artistic ability. Below is a real gallery of happy patients who have had bonding done at NW1 Dental Care.