All On 4 Dental Implants
All on Four Dental Implants in Camden and London
Full Mouth Restoration in London
If you want a full set of teeth replacements then NW1 Dental Care can offer All-on-4 solution for patients in London and the UK.
Due to advancements in Dental Implant technology, it is possible to do full jaw restoration using just 4 Dental Implants, thus the term “All-on-4”. The revolutionary All on 4 dental implant technique offers the most comfortable, natural and functional solution for missing teeth. What’s more, at NW1 Dental Care we focus exclusively on dental implants and All On 4, so we’ll be able to have you smiling again in no time.
What Are All-On-4 Dental Implants?
All on 4 is a revolutionary dental implant technique that allows a replacement of a whole set of new teeth (known as an arch) to be supported by only 4 dental implants.
Both traditional implants and All on 4 involve fitting small titanium screws inside the jawbone to replace the roots of missing teeth. However, traditionally to replace a full arch of teeth required up to eight implants and treatment could take as long as one year to complete. All on 4, on the other hand, uses precise positioning and angling of the implants to allow the dentist to attach a full arch of teeth almost immediately after surgery!
After having All on 4 treatment, you’ll be able to eat and speak normally, you’ll facial aesthetics will be restored, and your jawbone structure will be preserved. And, as All on 4 are easier to clean and maintain than removable dentures, your overall oral health will benefit too.
We can provide “All-on-4” treatment with a set of removable dentures or with a fixed bridge placed onto 4 implants that have been placed into the patient’s mouth. Your dentist will discuss the options available to you.
All-On-4 Dental Implants Procedure
All on 4 Dental Implants are highly advanced procedure. At NW1 Dental Care, we have experienced dentists who have had a high success rate in smoothly handling these cases. We follow a very customised approach involving in-depth planning and consideration for the individual needs of each patient.
- In your initial consultation, your dentist will examine your case and let you know if you are a suitable candidate for All-on-4. He will ensure you possess sufficient jawbone and determine if you need any teeth to be removed before placing implants. He will take x-rays of your mouth and take impressions to know your setup of teeth. The dentist will answer any questions you may have and if you are a suitable candidate then explain how the treatment works and arrange an appointment to fit the implants.
- The dentist will place the implants in the next visit and if any tooth or teeth need to be extracted then it will be done at this stage. The procedure of fit the implants involves placing the back implants at a 45-degree angle and front implant’s positions at a 90-degree angle.
- You would need at least two follow up dental appointment after the surgery so that the London dentist can check the progress of the treatment.
- You would have new impressions taken after around 4 months and after another two months will be your final visit where your permanent restorations can be fitted as the implants would have healed and integrated into the bone fully.
How are All on four implants different from normal dental implants?
- All-on-four only requires 4 implants to support the entire arch when usually 6-10 implants are required to maintain an arch. So its is less invasive
- Time – All-on-four takes a shorter time as roots and teeth are all installed in one sitting. Whereas, treatment time could extend to weeks or months while placing several individual implants as it would require your jaw to heal
- Jaw Bone structure – Placement of dental implants requires healthy bone where implants could be placed. In case of placing multiple implants, it could be that the bone isn’t ready for treatment and requires bone graft but this can be avoided in all-on-4 as other areas in your jaw could be selected to place the implants.
- Cost – All-on-four is a more economical option compared to the cost of placing several individual implants
- Recovery – The recovery time for All-on-four is shorter compared to several recovery periods in case of individual implants
How are All on four implants different from normal dentures?
Dentures could be inconvenient as well as unstable at times. If you choose All-on-4 dental implants over dentures then you can avoid any embarrassing moments involving teeth that fall out at awkward times or worry about loose dentures or being cautious of what you eat, etc. Also, with All-on-4 you have an uncovered upper palate that allows you to taste and enjoy your favorite food.
All-on-four option provides you with a permanent set of teeth that look and feel like natural teeth which also prevent the sagging around the mouth which makes your face look older. It also avoids any further erosion of the jawbone and offers a higher level of comfort and convenience in compared to traditional dentures.
How Much Do All-On-4 Dental Implants Cost?
When it comes to dental implants, you get what you pay for. It’s important to not pay above the odds but equally important that you have the right treatment if you are to achieve the desired results. It’s not easy to compare costs for All on 4 treatment as there are several elements that influence prices. If you’ve been researching how much it costs, you may have noticed a discrepancy in prices across different clinics in London.
When considering costs, and choosing a dentist, the scope and type of treatment will have an influence, but so will the quality of the procedure and materials used. At NW1 Dental Care we have dentists who have the qualification, expertise, and huge amount of experience with a variety of patients for dental implant work to ensure they can provide you with comfortable, long-lasting and desired results.
The cost of All on 4 implants varies according to personal circumstances and the type of replacement teeth you choose. “All-on-4” Dental Implants are the most affordable option for Full Mouth Restoration – the price of a 12 teeth denture and the placement of 4 dental implants costs starting from £7000 at NW1 Dental Care.
Based on the results of extensive studies published, there is 98% success rate for All-on-4 dental implant treatment.
The treatment is specifically designed to minimise discomfort and you will given local anaesthetic while the implants are placed. There could be mild soreness and swelling post the procedure which goes away very quickly and people usually return to work the next day. Some over-the-counter painkiller could be prescribed to help.
Yes, after your treatment no one would be able to tell if you have had implants unless you tell them. All-on-4 dental implants like any implants make your teeth look, feel and function just like natural teeth.
Mostly anyone with good physical and oral health is suitable for All-on-4 irrespective of age.
Your dentist at NW1 Dental Care will examine your oral health and condition to advise if you are a suitable candidate for All-on-4 dental Implants treatment.
- All-on-4 or All-on-6 replacement teeth are fixed permanently in the mouth and can be cleaned just like natural teeth. In time you will not think about the fact that you have implants.
- Your whole set of teeth or arch is supported by just 4 to 6 implants. Treatment cost is more reasonable compared to the one that involves 8 to 10 implants.
- They require some care and maintenance and unlike dentures do not involve any issue related to worn out, loosening, slipping, and friction against the gum tissues.
- The procedure proves effective in complex cases, which were considered untreatable earlier.
- The treatments are carried out far quicker than traditional methods with less surgery. A permanent set of teeth can be fitted in the same appointment as the implants
- Usually, longer implants are used for patients having less bone mass. This allows them to avoid bone grafting treatment which also reduces the cost
- The teeth of All-on-4 do not rub against the gums (thus no ulceration with denture wear) as they are securely anchored into the dental implants.
This is when 6 Dental Implants are placed into a patient’s mouth to hold a 12-unit bridge. 6 titanium abutments are screwed into the previously placed implants. The bridge is then permanently fixed onto the implants in the patient`s mouth.
All-on-4 could provide a confidence-boosting alternative and are life-changing procedures that is recommended by patients worldwide. If you have had enough of hiding your smile or struggling with dentures and want to find out more, then call us to arrange your FREE All on 4 implant consultation at our practice in Camden, London. At your consultation, our experienced Dentist will review your medical history, oral health, and personal circumstances and will be able to recommend the best treatment plan for your needs.